Wednesday, May 19, 2010

What Wicked Things I Have Done?

 By Ray Gano
"What wicked things have I done that evil men speak well of me."
Boy did that one hit me hard.
It gave me pause for thought in hopes that evil men are not speaking well of me.
Do evil men speak well of you?
We had a men's "Steak Out" this last Saturday. "Steak Out" is a time for the men of the church to get together, be carnivores eating steak, and have some great fellowship.
At our "Steak Out" we had a great guest speaker,  Bill Green, missionary to the deaf in Mexico.
He gave a great message on protecting one's self. Protecting your heart, protecting your mind, protecting your tongue and protecting your actions.
His scripture that was the basis of his talk was Pslams 141.
Psalms 141:1-8 (KJV)  A Psalm of David. LORD, I cry unto thee: make haste unto me; give ear unto my voice, when I cry unto thee.
2  Let my prayer be set forth before thee as incense; and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice.
3  Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips.
4  Incline not my heart to any evil thing, to practise wicked works with men that work iniquity: and let me not eat of their dainties.
5  Let the righteous smite me; it shall be a kindness: and let him reprove me; it shall be an excellent oil, which shall not break my head: for yet my prayer also shall be in their calamities.
6  When their judges are overthrown in stony places, they shall hear my words; for they are sweet.
7  Our bones are scattered at the grave's mouth, as when one cutteth and cleaveth wood upon the earth.
8  But mine eyes are unto thee, O GOD the Lord: in thee is my trust; leave not my soul destitute.
9  Keep me from the snares which they have laid for me, and the gins of the workers of iniquity.
10  Let the wicked fall into their own nets, whilst that I withal escape.
But the verse that really stuck out for me was verse 9…
9  Keep me from the snares which they have laid for me, and the gins of the workers of iniquity.
Daily the enemy lays snares and traps for us to step into.
This is why it is so important that we as Christians keep our guard up at all times.
But not only protect what is inside, but protect what others see as well, that being our witness.
Folks, we are living in the last days of the last days. Evil is spreading like a cancer and we must watch our every step.
1 Peter  5:8 (KJV)  Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
bill_green_low.jpgBrother Bill told us a story that hit us right in the heart of a fellow Christian he knew which also emphasized as to why all of us need to protect ourselves.
This man was a good man and a solid believer. Regular at church, was involved, well respected, loved the Lord.
Well the day came where it was his birthday. He was well liked at work and the guys threw a surprise party for him at work.
What he did not know is that with the bosses approval, they brought in a stripper.
What he also did not know was that there was a video camera as well and all his actions were caught on tape.
This man let his guard down and became snared in the trap. The roaring lion caught his prey that day.
This poor man forgot to protect his heart, mind and soul. But more than that, he also forgot to protect his witness.
Here was once a credible man who's witness has been tarnished, possibly for the rest of his life.
"Hey Bill, you really shook your booty with that stripper on your birthday… You’re the man!!"
"What wicked things have I done that evil men speak well of me."
Don't give evil men the chance to speak well of you.
Over and over again Paul tells us how to combat sin. We don't, we are to flee from it.
1 Timothy 6:11 (KJV)  But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.
1 Corinthians 10:14 (KJV)  Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry.
1 Corinthians 6:18 (KJV)  Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.
2 Timothy 2:22 (KJV)  Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
You see, there is no winning against our enemy the Devil. Life is not some Charlie Daniels song about winning against the devil in a fiddling contest.
Folks,  sin always destroys and the only way to win against sin is to flee from it as fast as you can.
What should that man have done?
He should have taken a lesson from Joseph and ran…
Gen 39:7-12 (KJV)  And it came to pass after these things, that his master's wife cast her eyes upon Joseph; and she said, Lie with me.
8  But he refused, and said unto his master's wife, Behold, my master wotteth not what is with me in the house, and he hath committed all that he hath to my hand;
9  There is none greater in this house than I; neither hath he kept back any thing from me but thee, because thou art his wife: how then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God?
10  And it came to pass, as she spake to Joseph day by day, that he hearkened not unto her, to lie by her, or to be with her.
11  And it came to pass about this time, that Joseph went into the house to do his business; and there was none of the men of the house there within.
12  And she caught him by his garment, saying, Lie with me: and he left his garment in her hand, and fled, and got him out.
When you play in the Devils playground you will ALWAYS get dirty. There is no playing with sin.
There is also not a single one of us who are "strong Christians" that we can go up against the enemy in battle and win. Sin always destroys…sin kills.
1 Corinthians 10:13 (KJV)  There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
The way to escape sin is to run from it and run to our Lord. In fact the best way to not encounter sin, is to not even give the enemy a foothold. 
Speaking to the men here. Men, summer is coming and with that comes the scantily dressed women. when you are walking around and you see some of these scantily dressed woman, turn your head and avert your eyes. Don't take the second look and if you have to turn 180 degrees and put your backs to them until they pass.  This is what I do. Don’t even give sin the chance to plant the seed. Not only are you protecting yourself, you are protecting and honoring your wife as well.
Protect your heart, protect your mind, protect what you see and hear all around you. Keep your guard up because our enemy the Devil has traps and snares waiting for us at every turn.
We are living in the last days of the last days and evil is around us everywhere. When we are confronted with sin… RUN and run fast. Don’t  think you are John Wayne and you can fight the sin. Sin will always get the best of you.
But most of all, protect what others see, that is your witness. You may be the only "Bible" that people have the chance to read.
Scripture says…
Ephesians 6:19-20 (KJV)  And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,
20  For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.
We are ambassadors to this world on behalf of the King of Kings. When we sin and the world sees it, not only do we bring shame upon ourselves and our witness, we bring shame upon the King of Kings and Lord of Lords who gave His all so that we may live. It is our reasonable service unto Him.
Scripture says…
Romans 12:1-2 (KJV)  I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
2  And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Don’t give evil men the chance to speak well of you.
Scripture says…
1 Peter  1:16 (KJV)  Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

No comments:

Post a Comment